Tuesday, July 23, 2013

All the single ladies!


It's official....I'm a divorcee!

Other than court running a few minutes behind, it couldn't have gone any better. The judge even complemented us on being the most put together pro se (no attorney) case he's had in a while and said it was practically a pleasure to work with us.

The closer it go in the day to time the more and more knots I got in my stomach, but all of it was for nothing. We answered the judges questions. I made my statements.

I walked in with one name and out with another. I'm happy to have my name back. So happy that I jumped the gun over the weekend and began moving everything over to my new gmail account. Ladies 10 years ago had it easy. Changing your name in the digital world is a bitch!

Oh and for the record, I didn't write that on my car. My lovely mother did while we were in the courthouse. Thanks, mom!

Now just 8 days before the boyfriend will be legally single again. Then the four of us can go on our merry ways and live happily ever after.

P.S. Why is it the first question people ask you after telling them you just got divorced, when are you getting married again? Chill out folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment